Cleaning your granite tile flooring can often prove to be quite a challenge. This is because the stone can be easily scratched or damaged if the incorrect cleaning chemicals and tools are used. In order to properly maintain your granite tiles, here are a few top tips from the tiling experts here at Velvet Moon:
- Always use a firm, yet gentle approach: Your granite tiles are delicate, yes. However, they can become incredibly dirty if left unchecked. If you want to keep them looking good for many years after installation, you need to ensure that they are cleaned regularly and properly. Always ensure that the person cleaning the tiles approaches the task with gentle and patient attitude, though!
- Always use warm water: The warm water will gently lift any persistent dirt, therefore making cleaning granite tile flooring a whole lot easier. It also ensures that any risk of damaging the stone is slim to none.
- Try to clean your granite tiles every day: What often results in damage to your granite tiles is trying to clean floors that have been accumulating dirt for a while. If you clean the tiles on a daily basis, the dirt will be sure to lift right off without much effort. If left for too long, the dirt will often stick to the tile.
- Use baking soda to remove stubborn stains: Like most flooring options, granite can also stain. If you cannot remove stains using only warm water and a soft cloth, try using baking soda paste. Apply the paste to the stain and let it penetrate for a while. Once you have done this, proceed to use warm water and a cloth to remove the paste and VOILA... the stain should be gone – or at least greatly improved.
- Use a special type of polish in order to achieve maximum shine with regard to your granite tile flooring: There are currently many polishes on the market today that have been especially designed for use on granite tiles. This polish will keep your tiles protected and looking their best for longer.
Here at Velvet Moon, along with granite tiles, we also specialise in the design and sale of porcelain ceramic tiles. Our mosaic and marble tiles are also firm favourites. If you are looking to give your floors a make over, then there really is only one place for you to be... and that is right here with us!
We can cater for all of your flooring needs. Whether you are looking for a basic tile design made using marble, or whether you are searching for something a little bit more specific – such as a kitchen tile with a back splash – we have it all waiting for you in abundance! Please feel free to call us now if you have any questions at all with regard to our extensive product range in South Africa! We look forward to helping you to successfully transform your floors and your home completely!